Sunday, May 27, 2012

161: Cat Fever

Clementine wasn't herself today. She wasn't eating. She was barely moving and hell, she wasn't doing anything. I got scared. What if this wonderful little creature died today? What would I do? Would I go out back and dig a hole and bury her? Would I put her in a pet cemetery? Or would I just put her out with the trash? Seriously, what would you do?

State at that enigma for a moment. What is the best way to dispose of the body of an animal that's been in my home for a year? Is it so inhumane to just put her out with the trash? Is that disrespectful? I like to think I'd bring her to the vet and have her burned to a crisp. Except my dads wife did that to her dog and it rubbed me the wrong way. It became hilarious when their new dog got into the urn and threw the ashes all over the living room.

By the en of the day Clementine was pretty much back to herself. Bu days like today make me realize I have some hard decisions to make.

No comments: