Tuesday, May 29, 2012

160: Hiking

Today I woke up crazy early and took Metro North to Tarrytown. My friend Lisa picked me up from there and we went for a nice long hike. And I mean LONG! It would up being 1000 ft above sea level and roughly 5 miles of vigorous hiking. I had a blast! It's great to feel different muscles working.

It was a hot day but the trees provided a good amount of shade. Just a wonderful wonderful day. I hope to keep that in my training. After hiking we showered and ate at this delightful little shack for some tasty burgers and fries. Great end to Memorial Day weekend.

 I don't get to Grand Central Terminal that often and that's a real shame. It's a beaut. I'd like to do the audio tour one day after work with some beers.









 Deer! Bambi was curious about the weirdo who kept waving at her (me)




 This guy has a nuclear power plant in his back yard. Milk was a bad choice.



No comments: