Tuesday, May 8, 2012

180

I wasn't planning on running in a marathon this year. I half-heartedly entered. Knowing the odds of me getting in were slim (10%) I didn't pay it too much mind. It was on my radar the night before I left for the Galapagos Islands. Yeah, I went to the Galapagos Islands, more on that later. I made sure my address and credit card info was correct and proper knowing that the drawing will happen when I was in Ecuador. The day of the drawing I found myself nervous and anxious. It was surprising because my last marathon in Italy was tough on me. When I got the email saying I got in I was in a fancy hotel room in Ecuador and I was overjoyed. This is happening. Again! Why not, right?

The first time I ever thought about running in a marathon was 2009. I was outside my apartment with my then girlfriend cheering on the runners of the NYC Marathon. Coffee in hand, wearing pajamas. There were so many people there. Cheering and in the marathon. I thought to myself: I can do this. I told Diana: I can do this. I entered the lottery the next day. I eventually got in via a charity. I started training. I joined a gym! For the first time in a long time I joined a gym!

Food:

Trader Joes Organic Mango Passion Granola cereal with Soy Milk
2 cups of coffee with Coffeemate French Vanilla creamer
Watermelon

Ham and turkey sandwich with provolone cheese and mustard on a kaiser roll.

Mixed nuts

Homemade falafel, same as last night.


No comments: