Monday, May 14, 2012

174 or the first time I saw the finish line

When I'm running, a lot of shit runs through my head. I've written about this last week. One of the things I like to think about is crossing the finish line of the marathon. Except I don't always get to see it in my head. I think about many things, but the finish line is nowhere to be found. I realize I'm in control of my thoughts. Right now I want to think about Scarlett Johansen naked. Pow! There she is! However, the finish line is allusive. It's not always at my disposal. I believe this means I'm not ready mentally for a marathon. Not until I can visualize that finish line anyway. Not that I've seen it and crossed it in my minds eye I'm ready for my next step in my training.

Today was the first 5k I ran without slowing down this season. Good stuff. Busy week for me socially so hopefully I'll be able to get a few runs like this in there. I should point out that I'm not fast at all. Look at this time on the 5k

Pathetic! But I keep at it and this is the best I can do right now. It's better than sitting on the couch.

Foods: that mango cereal thing, 2 cups of coffee with creamer, 2 rice balls from Madison Square Eats, bag of Swedish fish, sour patch kids, popcorn, can of tunafish with spicy mayo on two buns.

I really need to lay off the candy. Such a fat fuck.

No comments: