Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Skillet Pork Chop Sauté with Peaches


My mission: To cook 5 recipes from Cooking Light Magazine each month. So assemble all the ingredients, get out the measuring cups and wash your peaches because we're cooking pork chops with peaches! This bit is getting a bit played, isn't it?


This is recipe 3 of 5 for the month:


Skillet Pork Chop Sauté with Peaches




Tonight was pork chop night! Here's the recipe. This is the first time I'm cooking peaches on the stove and I'm really excited about it! Why haven't I done this earlier?! The recipe is pretty simple although I'm getting tired of using thyme and shallots. Is it really necessary for thyme in this dish? Why shallots? Why not an onion? It's fine, but I have lots of onions at home and rarely do I have shallots in the house. 

Anyway, the pork chops cook for 4 minutes on each side and then you take them off the pan. Throw in the peaches, shallots and the useless thyme and cook them for 2 minutes and then add the wine. Cook that for 2 minutes and then add the chicken broth and honey until it's syrupy. I turned the stove off and then added the butter and once it melted I added the pork chops back in and cooked it a little bit more. 

Final Product:


The best part of this dish is that I did it in about a half an hour. That's pretty important since I ran 5 miles when I got home from work and can't be bothered with anything too complicated. The peaches were sweet and the pork chops were cook just right. I would have liked some more sauce but it was pretty much perfect. I'm not sure how great the peaches will be tomorrow for lunch after being microwaved for a minute, but this is a great quick meal on a weekday.

No comments: