Monday, May 23, 2011

Mushroom Frittata

My mission: To cook 5 recipes from Cooking Light Magazine each month. So clean off your grill pan, dust off the spatula and grab some eggs because we're making some eggs!


This is recipe 2 of 5 for the month:



I'm on a breakfast kick! If you check out the recipe and glance at the photo you will see some slight differences. I went ahead and added zucchini and pancetta to my version of this dish. I also added this fun shaved Parmesan cheese at the last minute. I made this for dinner instead of breakfast. Who doesn't like a little breakfast for dinner?! I love recipes like this: place everything in a bowl and stir. You can't mess that up! However, I did cook the mushrooms and pancetta before I put them in the bowl. 

Once everything is mixed in I pour it all into my cast iron pan and slide it into the oven. It takes only 3 minutes with the broiler on high to make this! That's an incredibly short period of time. The hardest part of this dish is taking it out of the cast iron pan. Hint: You need two spatulas. NBD (No big deal).

Final Product: 

Yummy. Just really fluffy (thanks to the egg whites) and savory. It satisfies a lot of the taste buds. Add some hot sauce to punch up the flavor to another level. I will be adding the frittata to my breakfast arsenal. Plus, I'm told it makes a wonderful leftover. 

No comments: