Monday, June 4, 2012

155:The Kids Are Alright

Babysat my nephews today. Babysitting on the weekend is a totally different animal than babysitting on weekdays. On the weekends they're allowed to watch tv and play on my phone. Thank god for that. "Playing" with them equates to me putting them upside down and chase the other one around the apartment. It's exhausting. I honestly don't know how parents do this all day every day.

This day was a bit different. All they wanted to do was play on my phone and watch the Penguins of Madagascar. Good show by the way. They ate dinner at the dinner table (chicken fingers) an were perfectly well behaved. If I were a parent I'd let my kids watch tv all the time. TV seems to calm them down. I grew up on television and I turned out okay. How bad could it really be? In fact, I'd say these kids need more tv in their lives. When the tv is on they act like zombies. They can only focus on the screen. It's borderline unhealthy. How can these two live in the real world when there are televisions on all the damn time? I'm a little concerned for them, but they're alright.

No comments: