Thursday, June 7, 2012

152: MiB3

Finally got to see MiB3. My dear friend Lisa enjoyed it, but I couldn't stand it.

What happened to the fun sci-fi franchise I loved as a kid? Here's what I wrote to my buddy about it:

Not good. There were some scenes that didnt even make sense. Why were they showing people sitting on their couches drinking coffee watching the shuttle launch? Beyond the gag that all this tension is happening and these white people are oblivious to it I don't get it.

So, Tommy Lee Jones was sad this entire time because he had this secret from Will Smith that he didn't save his father's life? Now that that burdon is off his shoulders he listens to Jay-Z? I don't understand!

K and O are still not together? Like, what?

Also, Will Smith could have just waited atop the Chrysler Building and killed that guy as soon as he arrived in 1969. The End.

Unlike the 1st two movies where they end with a nice little mind fuck of how small this universe is they just end the movie in a boring fashion.

The out of time character is basically a walking-talking writers room. He's just throwing ideas out there waiting for one to stick.

The Mets stuff was great.

It just wasn't fun.

No comments: