Sunday, August 28, 2011

The Simplest and Best Shrimp Dish with Pasta

August Recipe #3: Mark Bittman's: The Simplest and Best Shrimp Dish with Pasta

Ingredients: 


1/3 cup of Extra Vigin Olive Oil
4 cloves of garlic
1 1/2 pounds of shrimp
1 tablespoon groung cumin
1 1/2 teaspoon hot paprika
1/2 pound whole wheat pasta
Salt and ground black pepper pepper











Steps:

1) Warm olive oil in a large ovenproof skillet over low heat. Add garlic and cook until it turns golden.

                                     

2)  Fill a pot with water and salt and bring to boil for pasta.
3) Raise heat to medium and stir in shrimp, salt and pepper, cumin and paprika. 
4) Cook shrimp until they are pink all over and the mixture is bubbly. 

                                           
5) Add pasta to boiling pot and cook for 9 minutes. Strain pasta from water and them add pasta to the shrimp dish with the heat off, mix well and serve. 

Finished Product:
                                            
I have to be honest when I saw the name of this dish on the Mark Bittman "How to Cook Everything" app I had my doubts and went looking for another recipe. Although when I read that cumin is involved I decided to give it a shot.  I simply loved the flavor of the paprika and cumin with shrimp. I decided to mix some pasta with this dish because I needed some carbs for my long run the next day and it was simply delicious. This may be my new go to shrimp dish to cook for guests. 

5 out of 5 Stars

Leftovers: 90 seconds in the microwave and the dish is just as good as it was last night. Another successful lunch the day after. 

The Mark Bittman app is available on iTunes and is highly recommended. 

No comments: