Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Ham, Egg and Cheese Breakfast Sandwich


My mission: To cook 5 recipes from Cooking Light Magazine each month. 


This is recipe 2 of 5 for the month of July.



Ham, Egg and Cheese on an English Muffin

Ingredients

  • 2 slices of deli ham
  • large eggs
  • English muffins, split and toasted
  • slices of cheddar cheese

I've been making this dish for most of my life but somehow it's a Cooking Light recipe even though it's about 500 calories per sandwich. I've cut the recipe on the Cooking Light website down to a single serving since I'm eating for one these days. This recipe is so simple that I can pretty much show you in pictures what to do.



Preheat Broiler to high. Spray some Pam on a skillet and add ham. Take ham off skillet once it is cooked.



Take an english muffin and cut it in half.





Add cheese to both english muffin tops.



Crack one egg into skillet, cover and cook for a few minutes. Add salt and pepper and hot sauce.



Put english muffin tops into the broiler for 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.



Place english muffin tops on a plate and add ham and eggs to complete the sandwich.



Final Product:



Pretty boring sandwich frankly. I expect a little bit more from Cooking Light than a sandwich that I've been making since I was 12. Also, the Cooking Light Recipe mentions no salt and pepper. If eaten like the website says it's amazingly bland and flavorless. I recommend adding some hot sauce and avacado. I'll post a follow up to this recipe next week or so.

1 out of 5 Stars. It gets 1 star for nostalgia.

Leftovers: None.

No comments: